So, since last Saturday, Aaron and I have known where our outdoor ceremony spot is!
I couldn't even hold my excitement in while we were seeing it. Words cannot really describe the location - it's a farm field in Darlings Island that a beautiful older man has sooooo graciously given us permission to use. Not only is it a wide open field on this massive hill, but it overlooks the water. How crazy is it that our guests will be able to see, in their peripheral (because OF COURSE they'll all be looking at Aaron and I lol), a gorgeous, gorgeous view of water and hills!!!!
Since Aaron and I started dating, we have been such hippies in the sense that, I would say, 90% of our most romantic moments have happened outdoors. We LOVE the fresh air, the sights and sounds and all that. Even winter, my worst seasons when I used to hibernate, is so magical with Aaron.
So, if you feel so compelled, please join us in prayer for favourable weather on June 12th - because we REALLY want to have the ceremony outdoors!
Now, I have been stressing, ever since that day about finding a location that can double as a reception location and rain location for the ceremony (speaking by faith, an indoor location for the ceremony is not necessary!). Well, today we decided on Saint James the Less. Aaron mentioned this church building at the very beginning stages of our planning; I flat out refused. I have been in the church many times but just could not picture myself being married in their sanctuary.
However, today I went to see the building because I figured we could have both the reception and an indoor ceremony (if neccesary.... nah, it won't be!) in the gym of the church. What a surprise when I went in! I immediatly fell in love with the very sanctuary that I had flat out refused earlier. I don't know what kind of image I had in my head that caused to me dislike the idea of the sanctuary as the indoor location, but when I walked in there I realized it was everything I could ever want - right down to dark wooden pews! Wow! What an extreme blessing. God is just so good.
And now I can happily picture being married in either place (altho, stick me in a dump and I would be excited to marry Aaron....... this is actually what Aaron said to me the other day when I was stressing over a location. It puts things in perspective - Isn't he the best?!).
There are so many other details falling into place - I will have to write more later though because I'm sleeeeeeeepy zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz......
Friday, March 5, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment