June 12th....... June 12th..... June 12th.......
That date has been rolling around my mind in so many different ways. Typically, it is because I'm sharing with somebody that I am engaged and they ask if we have set a date. It's pretty fun to see the shocked reactions when people realize that we are so freshly engaged and yet getting married in 3 months (95 days actually)!
Tonight, though, it's a little different. My thoughts are going a little bit deeper. June 12th is the day that will change my life forever. For the rest of the June 12ths that I live to see, I will look back and cherish the June 12th that happened in 2010.
Looking at a 'big picture' illustration, I can almost see the fathers of the Canadian confederation closing their eyes at night and having the date July 1st role around in their heads and even experiencing the freshness of Canada's first anniverary on July 1st 1868.
In the same way, I feel so honoured to have made the decision to make June 12th the day that Aaron and I become one before God. Tonight I'm wondering what it feels like to have a 1st anniversary..... a 50th anniversary..... knowing you've spent that amount of time committed to and growing with your spouse.
Everyone has a birthday and I guess that is their special date that they always hold on to. But we have no control over our birthdays; we don't choose when they happened. There's something so precious about choosing a day to represent the start of a new life with the person you love; for some reason it's mysterious to me.
Call me crazy! But, all I know is that June 12th will always be one special day in my books!
Tuesday, March 9, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment