I am spending SO much time beautifying myself for this wedding! I am shocked. I always thought that girls walking around with perfect skins, perfect tans, perfect hair and perfect (everything else) pulled such off effortlessly.........
I am learning that it's only worth the effort for special occassions. There are SO many things to think of......
Healthy fingernails and soft hands, clean/unchipped toenails and uncracked heels, eliminating blemishes/scars on my skin, getting a tan, growing out my usually-homecut bangs, keeping fit and toning up (although, this is always a bonus and will be continued after the wedding!), healthy lips, getting sleep, drinking water etc etc etc
I'm so glad I am confident enough in the love of my Creator and the love of my husband-to-be that all these little details only count for special occasions.... it's exhausting! I will be more than happy to go back to broken finger-nailed, uneven-tanned Katie. I will certainly enjoy having it 'all together' for a season.... but too long and I might drive myself crazy!
I really believe that the prettiest part of me on my wedding day will be my goofy grin! Everything else I'm working towards will just be a backdrop to the glow of an unstoppable smile expressing unspeakable joy!
oooh I'm so excited!
Sunday, April 4, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment