Sunday, May 2, 2010

Home

I'm starting to transition between what I call home now. I keep saying things like "Aaron's house" and get corrected by people: 'you mean your house'. I'm not living in it yet but in 6 weeks it will be my home!

In all honesty, I'm a little bit sentimental about leaving my parents' home. I've been living here for about 12 years and so there's a lot of memories built into the walls. This morning, I went for a walk around the block that I've been walking for years and realized that in a few weeks I'll have to find a new walk to walk uptown. I'll be living in the city, too, for the first time since I was four!!

Don't get me wrong, I am ecstatic to start a new life with Aaron. It's going to be amazing to wake up beside him every morning and have our own home together. In fact, I get more and more excited as we add on to the renovations to our new kitchen and add the doors that separate the two apartments etc. Yesterday I could actually picture a kitchen (despite the fact that we don't yet have the countertop or sink installed haha). It's coming along so nicely!

And as a side note, thanks to the MANY people who have helped us (especially Aaron... I just clean mostly) with this process. It's been a major, major job and he (we) couldn't have done it without the people who have blessed us with labour, tools etc.

Many many changes are in the air and the time is drawing closer!

No comments:

Post a Comment